Monday 27 May 2013

Barbarella

I've always wanted to be able to write. Write well, like the authors who write my favourite books and make me feel thousands of emotions all at once. You could say the desire to acquire this skill came from my late blossoming love for reading. I want to say I've been reading from a young age and that I'm well-equipped with the means of marvellous quotes from every well-known book. But I am not and I would be lying if I said I did. This would go against the purpose for starting this blog, it’s quite the opposite. I am not trying to be someone I'm not but I am trying to discover who I actually am and what role I play in the big bad universe and possibly entertain you along the way.

The skill to write has always fascinated me. How someone can match and perfect their words to create a beautiful sentences that flow together to create the right paragraph therefore creating the perfect piece of literature. It’s an art form in itself and requires some amount of skill. I've always had the mentality that anything is possible so, why shouldn't my logically thinking brain join the world of the creative? My brother received the creative genes from my mother whereas I received a love for maths and science from my father. So this blog is almost like my chance to rebel against Mother Nature. My brother is also my inspiration to write. His skills are brilliant and he’s a very intellectual person who I enjoy talking to even if his ever-growing arrogance deems that all his opinions are ‘right’.

I am a teen year old girl living in the ‘sunny’ south of England. And that is all you need to know. My identity is not significant and would not change your life. I am an ordinary adolescent who just wants to write about her thoughts. Cliché? Possibly but the more you get to know me, the more you’ll uncover me. But for now, you can call me Barbarella. Much like the late 1960’s, French-Italian film about the 41st century astronaut, Barberella, who lands on an unknown planet. It all seemed very relevant as I set out my journey to land on the mysterious universe of writing. However, my journey will be less sexual and far less dramatic than the film. I do recommend watching it though; it’s quite funny once you get past the disturbing parts. I hope you enjoy what you read (:  

‘You find adventure beyond your imaginations when you get lost in space with Barbarella’

No comments:

Post a Comment